Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Yarn Along - Lila's Tallulah, Week 10

Salutations! Obviously one of my favorite things is reading, but I'm also very fond of knitting. Ginny over at Small Things hosts a lovely little weekly link-up where we showcase what we're working on and what we're reading. Once you're done here, head on over and see what everyone else is up to!

I am so close! I simply forgot that sleeves always take longer than I think they will. And that I couldn't spend all of last weekend knitting - I had to do some cleaning as well. In any case, I finished sleeve #1 and I'm making really good headway on sleeve #2. Depending on how tonight goes I may even finish that sleeve by the time this posts! Then I'll stick in a little update. After this last sleeve then I need to pick up for the collar and button/buttonhole bands around the edges. Considering how long it takes me to pick up stitches, I may not be finished with this sweater this time next week... Oh well.


Reading:
I have been reading... fanfiction. Still. I'm stuck in this Harry Potter funk that I can't shake (okay - don't want to shake). I even picked up and started flipping through the first few pages of Sorcerer's Stone before I remembered that I'm not allowed to read my paperback anymore (Precious is falling apart!). It has admittedly been a while since I read any of the Potter books, and maybe it's the release of the new illustrated edition (CHRISTMAS LIST!) or just a random rush of nostalgia but I've been missing Hogwarts in a big bad way as of late. But I've also been knitting like mad trying to get this sweater finished so I haven't been reading much at all really. My hope is to spend some more time reading in the evenings before I go to bed. I used to be really good about that and I need to get back in the habit. I'm also babysitting every night this week so I really need the winding down effect of reading before bed to settle me since it feels like I've been going nonstop!

 I swear, every picture I take of this sweater makes it look red. It's pink, I tell you!

That's it for me today. You can also find notes and detailed specs on this project on my Ravelry Page. For more of what I'm reading, find me on Goodreads. What have you been reading and knitting lately? Let me know in comments and then head over to Ginny's to see what everyone else is up to!
Love,

Willow






*Author's Note: The Yarn Along button in this post is property of Ginny Sheller and is used with permission. All other images used in the post as well as text are (c)Whitney Miller and may be used only with express permission. See the About Page for details.*




4 comments:

  1. You should try the Harry Potter audiobooks! Then you can knit and get your Potter fix at the same time. I'm not a huge fan of audiobooks, but a friend convinced me to try the Harry Potter ones and they are amazing! It's a whole different experience than reading the books or watching the movies. And Jim Dale, the narrator, does a superb job with the voices! Over the past two years I've listened to the first six books but I keep holding off on starting "Deathly Hallows" because I don't want my first listening experience to be over!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I listened to the first one on tape (waaaaaaay back when cassette tapes were still a thing in the late 90s...) and *hated* it (Hermione was my childhood hero and he made her sound so shrill!). I like audiobooks well enough now, so perhaps it's time to use my Audible credits and just marathon the entire series. That will certainly cement my roommate's opinion that I've gone 'round the twist with my HP obsession... Thanks for your sweet comment!

      Delete
  2. Sleeves and socks! I always hate knitting the second one. At least you won't have to deal with any seams! The sweater looks great, love the red!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same way with fingerless gloves! I make the first one and then it takes me *ages* to get the second one done! Yes, I love that this pattern has no seams - top down raglan sweaters are my forever fave, haha. :)

      Delete

Your lovely comments make my day!