Monday, June 20, 2011

Love from Paradise

Yes, yes, I know, I've been away for a while and I'm a terrible person. BUT to make up for it, I'll have OODLES of time to post this summer. Because I'm in Oregon. And there's absolutely nothing to do in the Great Frozen North. I'm kidding, of course. It's gorgeous in the spring/summer months, and I'm quite busy working with my cousin and for my aunt and doing my own thing and seeking out that elusive summer fling, but I will still be able to post. And I have tons of reviews to update you on - I've been reading like crazy (as usual).

So I have a plan for the summer. Regular, scheduled posts that make some semblance of sense. For example, for my "Write One Leaf" projects, I could post those on Wednesdays. For updates on my crafting (knitting, crochet, embroidery, scrapbooking, other projects of note), I could post those regularly on Mondays. I could post reviews of books and movies on Thursdays, and my Salem Diaries on Saturdays. Of course, I'll post other things often in-between if I have some particular thoughts that need to be shared. And I'll be working on a couple of essays and other creative projects that I'll update you on, but... My aunt spoke to me about something interesting yesterday. We were on the deck talking about my writing pursuits and she said (I paraphrase): "So many people call themselves writers, but so few of them actually DO it. You write and therefore are a writer. You've said so yourself, W, that you must write every day in order to be any good, and that you must practice your craft. It's work, but it's work you love. You have to work at it." Taking this in stride, I've resolved to write every day. Like every writer I've ever read interviews of, I will write daily, in scheduled blocks of time dedicated solely to writing whatever I choose, so long as I write.

I'll keep you all posted as I continue fine-tuning my system and schedule.

In other news, I'm reading more and more e. e. cummings and finding that (*gasp*) I kind of like it... Also, it isn't raining at all.


“The very impulse to write, I think, springs from an inner chaos crying for order, for meaning, and that meaning must be discovered in the process of writing or the work lies dead as it is finished.”

- Arthur Miller


Write On,
Willow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your lovely comments make my day!