Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Yarn Along - Churchmouse Feet

Greetings! Obviously one of favorite things is reading, but I also quite love knitting. Ginny over at Small Things hosts a lovely little link-up so once you're done here go visit and see what everyone else is up to.


Boy, have I fallen off the link-up blogging wagon! I've been spending a lot of time lesson planning for Confirmation classes so unfortunately both my knitting and reading have taken a hit as a result.

I took a brief break from the Christmas knitting crazies! I needed to do something small and light and fun for a while before I jumped back into hats and cowls and mitts and nonsense. Since I know someone who is due to have her first baby at the end of November, I figured now is the perfect time to whip up some cute booties in a bunch of colors.

sorry it's kind of fuzzy and bad lighting - a photographer I am not

I love this pattern. I love almost every Churchmouse pattern, to be honest. This one is so simple, so timeless, and so quick - it just makes sense. I also love that it has directions for three different gauges!!! so you can really use whatever yarn you have laying around to make it work!


*UPDATE* Man, I'm lame and didn't bother to share about the yarn I used. The blue pair is in Plymouth Baby DK, which is super-soft and I think it's superwash. The middle pair is from St. Elias's Pagewood Farm line in the River Rock colorway. It's gorgeous and soft and very pretty. Check the Ravelry project page (link is under the photo) for more details. I only used about 100 yds of each yarn for each pair, so this is a great stash-busting project, too.

Reading: I haven't been doing much pleasure reading (what is wrong with me!?), but I've been studying this book a lot. 


It's the Second Year Confirmation text my parish uses. It's great - if you're a college student. If you're a high school sophomore (as all of my students are), it's...dense. Difficult. I have a hard time getting through some of it.

If you want to know what else I've got on my needles, head on over to my Ravelry page for a look-see.

That's it for me today. What have you been knitting and reading lately? Let me know in comments and then head over to Ginny's to see what everyone else is up to!

Love,

Willow
 
*Author's Note: The Yarn Along button in this post is property of Ginny Sheller and is used with permission. All other images used in this post as well as text are (c)Whitney Miller and may be used only with my express permission. See my About Page for details.*

4 comments:

  1. I love Churchmouse too! That pattern is my go to pattern when a new baby is coming. Yours are gorgeous! What yarn did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! For the blue-green pair I honestly have no idea what yarn it is - it's a DK yarn I had in my stash (and I'm not sure I would recommend it - it's very splitty!) but it's got some silk or bamboo in it which makes it soft. The blue pair is in I think Plymouth Baby DK yarn but I'm not sure, and the variegated is in St. Elias's Pagewood Farm fingering line, in River Rock. It's wool but it's soft and so pretty. I'll update the post - I can't believe I didn't say what yarn I used! Thanks for your lovely comment!

      Delete
  2. Such lovely booties, I too enjoy Churcmouse knitting patterns.Did not know they had booties, thanks, I will check them out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my go-to bootie pattern; I don't bother with any others. It's tried and true, the booties stay on little feet, and the pattern is really easy to follow and memorize. Definitely look into this pattern. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Your lovely comments make my day!