Week 17: List the People You Admire
I had to spend some time on this list (that's why it's more than a week late!) because I believe that there is a large difference between people I like and people I admire. I may like someone a lot and love spending time with them, but I may not necessarily want to be them when I grow up, you know? Anyway, on my physical list I just listed their names but here (since I have more room) I went ahead and shared why it is I admire these particular folks.
- Beth - for her bravery to pack up and move and change her life when it isn't how she wants it, her moral fortitude, and her enduring friendship
- Deneen - her hard work, positive outlook, creative spirit, and loving nature remind me to be a better human being
- Aunt Leslie - she does a hard job really well, and is brave and asks for help when she needs it
- John Green - for teaching us how important it is to imagine people more complexly
- Hank Green - for making science and politics a little more fun and a little more accessible to more people
- Neil Gaiman - for encouraging us to be weird and to make good art
- J.K. Rowling - for writing the stories that will live inside us forever, and for being a model of charity
- Emma Watson and Malala Yousafzai - girl warriors
- My friend Harriet - who lived her whole entire life
finally sending a letter back to Beth!
So there's my list for this week. I've mentioned my friend Harriet before and I should really dedicate an entire post to her story, because it had a really big impact on my life and my writing.
What about you? Who are the people in your life and in the world that you admire, look up to, and aspire to be like? Let me know in comments or with a list of your own!
For more fun with 52 Lists, click down on "52 Lists" in the little categories section at the bottom of the post, and go over to Moorea Seal's site to see more!
Check out Moorea Seal's entire project at her blog below: