Friday, April 10, 2015

Pinteresting, Vol. 16

Happy Friday and welcome to Pinteresting! The part of the show where I roundup my favorite pins from this week and share them with the world. I pin recipes, decorating ideas, religious stuff, teaching thoughts, funny stuff from Tumblr, kids' activities, crafting ideas, knitting/crochet patterns, and cute cat pictures.

1) 


These felt coasters are meant to look like the post-it notes we leave for ourselves, with little reminders and cute sketches. They are completely customizable but you can download a pattern for the designs shown. I might make these as a housewarming gift for my new roommate, or as a gift for someone. (Can you imagine using a bit of sassy cross-stitch for these?)

2)


I really like this. I'm not the world's prettiest 24 year old girl. But I'm pretty smart, and I'm pretty capable. I want my sisters to know that there are things they can be pretty good at other than just being "pretty." Especially pretty kind.

3)


I'm sure I'm not the only person who likes to embroider things but really struggles with keeping all that floss tidy when I'm working on a multi-colored project. This neat little trick involves a scrap piece of cross-stitch fabric (or scrap fabric of any kind) and masking tape with the color symbols written on it in sharpie, with the corresponding colors already threaded onto needles underneath. This even saves having to thread a needle every time you change colors. I like it!

4) 


 
My hair is still at that awkward length where I can't do a ton with it and summer is coming and the bun on top of my head is getting really boring. This looks doable with my crazy-thick hair so maybe I'll give it a try next week and see how wearable it actually is.

5) 


I started embroidering hankies a while back and I've been meaning to get back into it this summer (a nice, light project). These corner designs are sweet and classic and really cute. The website (pin links to it) also has monogramming patterns you can do as well, which is neat. I love handkerchiefs - once they're soft and well-worn they're really handy and you know me: I looooove a classic.

6)


I liked this list of eight questions non-Catholics (and even cradle Catholics) ask about the Mass. Things like holy water, genuflecting, the small Sign of the Cross, etc. are discussed in a simple but lovely way. A good read.


And that's it for this week's edition of Pinteresting! I always enjoy curating my favorite, most recent pins. If you're not currently on Pinterest, make sure you take a moment to say goodbye to your loved ones before you log on, because there's no going back! You can follow me on Pinterest (any or all of my boards, find your cup of tea) HERE. Happy weekend!

love,
Willow


**Author's Note: None of the images in this post are my property. I have borrowed them from Pinterest and made my best effort to ensure that the Pinterest pages linked to link to an original source. If you see your work here and want it taken down please see my About page and contact me. Thank you for not suing.**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your lovely comments make my day!