Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Yarn Along - Pont Neuf Weeks 4 & 5

Salutations! Obviously one of my favorite things is reading, but I'm also very fond of knitting. Ginny over at Small Things hosts a lovely little weekly link-up where we showcase what we're working on and what we're reading. Once you're done here, head on over and see what everyone else is up to!

Well, I successfully met the deadline last night! I finished all of my increases and separated the back from the sleeves. Now it's just straight stockinette for about a million miles (~4.5 inches) and doing some waist-shaping. I'm so madly in love with the color I chose, still, and this yarn is truly delicious. Still. 



I'm also still working on my pumpkins! Seriously, y'all, these little things are so fun and easy and addictive to make! I loves them. And they're squishy and cute. I'm building an army of cute to take over mantles and fall table-scapes everywhere.

Reading:
I'm plowing right through The Secret History after buzzing through 3 hours of it over the weekend. I even listened to it in the car on my way to work in L.A. on Saturday. It was quite engrossing, actually, and it was interesting to do something different from my usual solo concerts in the car.

Of course, I also started reading a book I ordered online and received last Wednesday, True Ladies and Proper Gentlemen, a Victorian etiquette guide edited by a modern day woman. It's really interesting and I'm consistently amused by how useful and timeless so many of these suggestions and admonitions are.  It's odd that a girl in her mid-20s living in the 21st century would read a Victorian book of etiquette, but I find it quite charming all the same.


That's it for me today. You can also find notes and detailed specs on this project on my Ravelry Page. For more of what I'm reading, find me on Goodreads.What have you been reading and knitting lately? Let me know in comments and then head over to Ginny's to see what everyone else is up to!
Love,

Willow






*Author's Note: The Yarn Along button in this post is property of Ginny Sheller and is used with permission. All other images used in the post as well as text are (c)Whitney Miller and may be used only with express permission. See the About Page for details.*


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your lovely comments make my day!