Monday, March 23, 2015

52 Lists, Week 12

Happy Monday! Welcome to my 52 Lists Project, wherein I feature one list every week for 2015. To join in with your own list, scroll down to the link at the bottom, print out your own list, and then share it however you wish!

Week 12: List the Things that Feel Like Home
This week's list is about homey-ness. This list - like all the others - is hardly exhaustive, but after looking around my house for a few minutes and trying to imagine things missing, I came up with some of the things that make or break my home. Enjoy!

  • books
  • Gatsby
  • books
  • tea
  • handmade throws, afghans, blankets
  • family antiques
  • family pictures
  • the smell of Mom's perfume
  • jacaranda trees
  • fresh flowers and open windows
  • my books
  • the smell of jasmine bushes
  • summer
  • Christmas trees
  • cooking - especially roast chicken and berry cobbler
  • crucifixes and Madonnas
Lots of smells (our sense of smell is most closely linked to memory, after all) and things from my childhood home (handmade blankets, jasmine bushes, Mom's crucifix in the kitchen), but also things that are unique to my home: jacaranda trees, Gatsby, my books, open windows, etc. I think as we grow up our sense of home changes, but there will always be things (like my Mom's perfume and berry cobbler) that always bring us back to the home we grew up in. 


What are some things that feel like home to you? What objects or smells bring you back to the home you grew up in? What are some things that have changed your perception of home over the years? Let me know in comments or with a list of your own!

 
Love,

Willow

For more fun with 52 Lists, click down on "52 Lists" in the little categories section at the bottom of the post, and go over to Moorea Seal's site to see more!

Check out Moorea Seal's entire project at her blog below:
http://www.moorea-seal.com/p/52-lists.html  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your lovely comments make my day!