Monday, July 6, 2015

Answer Me This, Vol. 19 - Freedom, Treason, and Ketchup

Summer is here and Kendra over at Catholic All Year has done the entire internet a huge favor by bringing back probably my favorite link-up in the history of ever: Answer Me This! Every Sunday from now until August we will answer 6 questions as asked by Kendra and link-up to share our answers. It's the internet's favorite cocktail party and I'm so happy it's back.


Seriously, I seem to be having the hardest time keeping it together with the blogging lately. I'm trying, people, I'm trying...

1. How did you celebrate the 4th of July? (Or, for you international types . . . Do anything fun this weekend?)
I actually participated in 4th of July-ness for a change! (It's a holiday I'm not overly enthusiastic about, but I seem to be warming up to it...) My roommate and I had a proper American breakfast of bacon and eggs and watched Yankee Doodle Dandy which was surprisingly interesting. Then we went to my parents' house and spent a few hours in the pool with my sisters, cousins, and niece and nephew. There was food and hilarity and I got plenty of Vitamin D. Then the roommate and I went back home to change/shower and then my family joined us and we walked down to the street for fireworks, which were frighteningly close and low-flying. I'm surprised the fire department didn't shut it down....



2. Do you sunburn easily?
Yes and no. If I don't wear sunscreen I'm doomed. Dooooooooomed. But if I do, I'll be fine. I might even get a little bit of color. Especially if I use this stuff (or just plain coconut oil) which my sister-in-law swears by:


Since I live in my office I'm pretty appallingly pale - for someone who used to get really, really tan in the summer - so I'm hoping that with the pool at my parents' house now I can get a bit of color back into my skin.

3. Hot dogs. Yay or nay?
I'm with Kendra on this: meh. I will eat a real, beef hot dog quite happily, but that weird stuff they feed small children? No thanks! I like my hot dogs with ketchup and mustard, sometimes sweet onions but usually not. My dad made really yummy hot dogs for the 4th and everyone had seconds.

4. Have you ever personally set off fireworks?
I had a great-uncle who was infamous (in the family at least) for going to Mexico and bringing back completely illegal fireworks for us. Not just cherry bombs and sparklers but things that didn't even have real names and full on rockets. He has since passed away but I have fond memories of running around with sparklers and firecrackers with the neighborhood kids. This was back in the 90s, though, when kids were allowed to have fun and learn consequences of recklessness on their own. (I'm looking at you, modern parents...)

5. Have you ever jumped off the high dive?  
Nope. I'm mildly afraid of heights. Don't get me wrong - I love skyscrapers and flying and roller coasters and all of that. In those situations you're either strapped in or have something to hold on to. High dives just leave you standing up high with nothing to do but fall and that freaks me out. I'm perfectly happy down in the water, thank you.

6. Do you do anything weird in your sleep? 
I've been known to sleepwalk, but not for a long time. I know that I sometimes talk in my sleep but not much. The weirdest thing I do is have really vivid dreams. When I was in college my roommates would gather around the kitchen table to listen to me recount my dreams of the previous night over coffee and breakfast.

My roommate sings in her sleep, though. It's kinda funny.



That's it for this round of Answer Me This!  If you have a blog, answer the questions and link up with us over at Kendra's in this post. Don't have a blog but still want to play? That's okay because the whole thing is made up and the posts don't matter - leave your answers in the comments either at Kendra's post or right here! I'd love to hear from you!



love,

Willow




*Note: The Answer Me This logo image belongs to Kendra Tierney over at Catholic All Year and is used as part of a link-up only. The "Union Jack" and "Minion" images are from Pinterest and have been sourced to.  All other images in this post are property of Whitney Miller.* 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your lovely comments make my day!