Sunday, July 26, 2015

Answer Me This, Vol. 22 - My Tongue Is Red, Shut Up & Dance!

Summer is here and Kendra over at Catholic All Year has done the entire internet a huge favor by bringing back probably my favorite link-up in the history of ever: Answer Me This! This is the last time for the foreseeable future we will answer 6 questions as asked by Kendra and link-up to share our answers. It's the internet's favorite cocktail party and I'm so happy it's back and so so sad that it's leaving.



1. What's your favorite grocery store splurge?
Hmmm... I don't really "splurge" at the grocery store but my most common impulse buys are donuts or ice cream - two things I'm generally not allowed to eat anymore because I have zero self-control. Seriously, Little Debbie's donettes are like kryptonite.


2. How's your penmanship?  

 
Superb, thankyouverymuch. I spent 2 years of high school Spanish perfecting my cursive because I hated my printing and admired my mom's handwriting. Since my Spanish teacher never actually "read" our homework - just checked to see that there was something written down - I filled my notebook with stories and artfully spaced my sentences to look like I was answering homework questions. My cursive has adapted a bit since then but I think it's very pretty to look at. The downside is that so many people can't read cursive anymore



Blurry picture is blurry. Sorry.


3. Do you have a "Summer Bucket List?"  
Meh, not really. I thought I would do a bunch of stuff this summer, like go to the beach and read 10 books and go on more dates but instead this summer has been a lot of late nights and crying and having no money and dealing with vehicular drama and daydreaming about Spain and not getting to go on vacation. The short version is: I started out in June with plans which were wrecked by the start of July. July has been rather unkind to me since.

4. What's the best thing on the radio right now?  
The "off" button. I hate the radio. Too much talking, too many commercials, too much playing the same 5 songs over and over again. I'd much rather listen to a CD.

If I must choose, it's this: Walk the Moon's "Shut Up and Dance With Me." It's a song I actually get excited to hear and it is so fun! I love how 80s it is and if you watch the video it's clear they had a ton of fun making it. I love it.
 

Also, "House Party" by Sam Hunt. He's had a bunch of hits on country radio and this is the latest. I think it's really sweet of a guy to throw a party for 2 in your living room when you want to have fun but don't want to go out. That's how I feel anyway. The music video isn't great but I dig the song.



5. Ice cream or frozen yogurt?  
 They are very, very different and cannot possibly be compared. I like ice cream when I want something really sweet and reliable and in a cone. I like froyo when I want something a little tart and in a bowl with tons of toppings and in exotic flavors. If I had to choose right this second, I'd say give me a Hawaiian shaved ice.


A Hawaiian shave ice place opened up the street from my house and oh sweet Saint James is it gooooood. You can have it the traditional Hawaiian way, with sweetened condensed milk and ice cream (YUCK!) or heathen-American style: ice and sugar syrup -  YUM. My fave flavors (so far) are definitely the watermelon, strawberry, Passion Orange Guava (POG) trio.



Photo credit: Jeff Barnhouse

 
My friend Karen has a husband named Jeff. We like Jeff. Jeff likes Hawaiian shaved ice. A lot. 


Jeff got mango, melon, and passion fruit but couldn't figure out which was which until, "I can feel the passion of the passion fruit." He may have said something after that but Karen and I were too busy laughing hysterically and trying to breathe to hear it. If you don't think it's quite that funny, clearly you weren't there.


That's it for this round of Answer Me This!  If you have a blog, answer the questions and link up with us over at Kendra's in this post. Don't have a blog but still want to play? That's okay because the whole thing is made up and the posts don't matter - leave your answers in the comments either at Kendra's post or right here! I'd love to hear from you!



love,

Willow




*Note: The Answer Me This logo image belongs to Kendra Tierney over at Catholic All Year and is used as part of a link-up only. All other images in this post are property of Whitney Miller.* 
 

4 comments:

  1. YES! Donettes are my weakness. Especially for road trips for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry July has been rough, I hope August is better. I like your song choices! I'll have to try shaved ice one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking August will be better for me. I may even get to go on vacation! There's something about the perfectly snow-like texture of a shaved ice drenched in sugary syrup when it's hot as blazes and you're sitting in an air-conditioned spot that is just perfect. And the one I have in the picture - that's a small!

      Delete

Your lovely comments make my day!