Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Yarn Along - Tali's Tallulah, Week 8

Greetings! Obviously one of my favorite things is reading, but I'm also very fond of knitting. Ginny over at Small Things hosts a lovely little weekly link-up where we showcase what we're working on and what we're reading. Once you're done here, head on over and see what everyone else is up to!


Y'all, thank the good Lord for my knitting friends because if we hadn't met up last night I would not have knit a stitch this week. I was stuck on the last few stitches for the neck band because I had to count them. We all know how much I hate counting... It would be so much easier to say that I've been busy with babysitting and all the hiking I've done (!!!) in the last two weeks but truly, it was the counting bit. Anywho, I got the button band/neck band/buttonhole band business almost all the way to done! Just a couple more rows and then I weave in all the ends. I also began swatching for our next group project, which is very exciting.



Reading:
I finally picked up To The Field of Stars again after taking a break by reading a couple of fluffy romance novels. It's summer and I've been lounging poolside. I don't mind if these old paperbooks that don't pass for literature get splashed but my copy of Field of Stars is really really pretty and I didn't want it getting wet. I'm back on the horse, though, and reading it before bed. There was also an issue of finishing up two TV shows on Netflix that I was binge watching so now that's done I can focus on meeting my summer reading goals.  

Pathetically dismal progress made... Hoping to do better!

That's it for me today. You can also find notes and detailed specs on this project on my Ravelry Page. For more of what I'm reading, fidn me on Goodreads.What have you been reading and knitting lately? Let me know in comments and then head over to Ginny's to see what everyone else is up to!
Love,

Willow






*Author's Note: The Yarn Along button in this post is property of Ginny Sheller and is used with permission. All other images used in the post as well as text are (c)Whitney Miller and may be used only with express permission. See the About Page for details.*




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your lovely comments make my day!