Sunday, July 19, 2015

Answer Me This, Vol. 21 - Books, Babies, and New Cars

Summer is here and Kendra over at Catholic All Year has done the entire internet a huge favor by bringing back probably my favorite link-up in the history of ever: Answer Me This! Every Sunday from now until August we will answer 6 questions as asked by Kendra and link-up to share our answers. It's the internet's favorite cocktail party and I'm so happy it's back.



1. What's currently on your To Do list?
All the things!
- get the AC in my new car fixed

- go shopping for new yoga pants/capris
- figure out Quickbooks at work
- deep clean the kitchen and bathroom this weekend while the Roommate is gone
- order new vacuum bags (???)
- get old textbooks listed online for sale or donate to library
- make a decision regarding the young man in Philadelphia (I hate making decisions)

Gratuitous picture of my "new" car... Internets, please meet Fiona, the 2009 Focus:


Poor darling Stefano finally met his end and will be reincarnated as somebody's race car. He will be missed. However, I must admit that Fiona gets much better mileage and is generally much more reliable. She's definitely got some cute factor going for her, as well.

2. Better type of superhero: magic/radioactive powers? Or trauma/gadgets/hard work?
Trauma that leads to cool powers, like Daredevil or even Captain America. I like Tony Stark/Ironman a lot, but I despise Batman (I know, it's strange) but I feel like Ironman is a lot more interesting and entertaining whereas Batman seems incapable of having a good time - so serious. I'm not too wild about heroes like Superman or even Thor with their magic/otherworldly powers because that feels a bit like they have cheat codes, but I don't like Spiderman either because he's whiny and a radioactive spider bite? Really? Laaaaaaame. (Can you tell I have weird, double-standard-riddled taste in superheroes? Can we talk about villains next time? There I have opinions!)

3. Finding out if baby is a boy or a girl before birth: Good idea? Bad idea?
I'm a planner, so I feel like I would want to know but at the same time... I know for my first babe I don't want to know - full on surprise there. For the subsequent ones I may want to know and keep it a secret from everyone else just for fun (and to make my mother crazy). Truthfully I feel like this is one of those "to each their own" situations, but I think it's way more interesting to not know. (Also, for the record: I'm betting Kendra's having another girl!)

4. Have you ever appeared on a stadium jumbotron?
Nope! I actually got really lucky that I was on an awkward date at a college volleyball game and got up to go get a bottle of water when they turned on the Kiss Cam. At a volleyball game! Who does that???

5. Are you more book smart or more street smart?
I am definitely book smart. I can quote Herodotus and Thucydides and tell you all about the Neoclassical painting and sculpture that swept through France in the 1800s; I can carry on a brilliant conversation about just about any literature pre-1900 and I'm well-versed in Catholic Catechism and apologetics, but none of that would help me much if I wound up stranded in Queens, NY.

See my most pretentious books (not all of them by far, just the most "intellectual" ones that are currently shelved): 

 Can you tell I studied the Classics?

If "street smart" means "good with streets" then I'm good, because as we've discussed before, I'm pretty good with directions.


That's it for this round of Answer Me This!  If you have a blog, answer the questions and link up with us over at Kendra's in this post Don't have a blog but still want to play? That's okay because the whole thing is made up and the posts don't matter - leave your answers in the comments either at Kendra's post or right here! I'd love to hear from you!



love,

Willow




*Note: The Answer Me This logo image belongs to Kendra Tierney over at Catholic All Year and is used as part of a link-up only. All other images in this post are property of Whitney Miller.* 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your lovely comments make my day!