Thursday, September 10, 2015

Yarn Along - Pont Neuf, Wk.3

Greetings! Obviously one of my favorite things is reading, but I'm also very fond of knitting. Ginny over at Small Things hosts a lovely little weekly link-up where we showcase what we're working on and what we're reading. Once you're done here, head on over and see what everyone else is up to!


This week has totally thrown me off. I completely forgot yesterday was Wednesday so here we are on Thursday yet again with the Yarn Along-ing. Oh well. My Pont Neuf sweater is coming along beautifully and I'm almost done with the yoke increases. About 8 more rows to go and then I get to divide the body and sleeves. My goal is to get there by the end of the weekend so I can work more on Lila's Tallulah and get to work on a few other crafty projects I have going on right now...(more on that later - maybe next week if you're lucky ;) )

 Crappy picture is crappy. Sorry not sorry. ;)

Reading:
I'm about 30% through Donna Tart's engrossing novel, The Secret History, but I've hit a bit of a wall. I seem to have start-itis with the books lately! It's incredibly frustrating especially since I want to knit all the things so I have to stick to the audio books. Well... I don't have to, since I'm self-limiting, but still. Frustration. I may have to return to trusty Elizabeth Klett reading Jane Austen while I knit since that's pleasant background noise for stories I already know really well. We'll see what the weekend brings.


That's it for me today. You can also find notes and detailed specs on this project on my Ravelry Page. For more of what I'm reading, find me on Goodreads.What have you been reading and knitting lately? Let me know in comments and then head over to Ginny's to see what everyone else is up to!
Love,

Willow






*Author's Note: The Yarn Along button in this post is property of Ginny Sheller and is used with permission. All other images used in the post as well as text are (c)Whitney Miller and may be used only with express permission. See the About Page for details.*


4 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed The Secret History, but it definitely could have used some tightening up to make the story a little bit leaner- it's a long book! And your Pont Neuf sweater is looking great. a paper towel is totally a legit white background! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're absolutely right! Some of the prose seems pretty self-indulgent but the writing is so lovely that I'm fine with letting it slide.

      Yes, the paper towel was pretty necessary since the light in my house is soooooo terrible at almost every time of day. Thanks for your sweet comment. :)

      Delete
  2. I love the colour of your sweater - gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lucy! It's this lovely teal/turquoise color that none of my pictures can really capture. It's not a color I wear very much so I'm excited to have it as something of a statement piece. Thanks for your sweet comments, as always. :)

      Delete

Your lovely comments make my day!