Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Yarn Along - Snowflakes Checked Slouch

Linking up (for the first time!) with Ginny over at Small Things for her weekly Yarn Along. I figure I should start sharing all the knitting I've been doing and there's no time like the present! Head on over to Ginny's to see what everyone else is up to. 


Last week I started working on Christmas knits! I know it sounds crazy, but there are only 15 weeks until Christmas and I basically stop all Christmas knitting after the first week of December because I'm busy making Christmas decorations and other crafts in preparation for probably my favorite holiday. We'll talk more on Christmas later.
Ravelry Page
ANYway, the only people I really knit things for anymore are my sisters and a couple of my cousins (and babies - always knit for babies). So my sisters and my girl cousin get hand knits this Christmas. I was thinking of my sisters and how much I love the checked slouch I made for my friend R--- and our cousin Charlotte and Snowflakes was born. My youngest sister M loves pretty shades of blue and the blue yarns I chose against the white look kind of like snowflakes. I hope she likes it even though it rarely gets cold enough to warrant a woolen hat this cozy here in SoCal.



In books lately, I'm slogging through The Other Typist. I only say slogging because I keep putting off picking it up. When I do pick it up I can read 3 chapters before bed and be perfectly satisfied. The trouble is, I really don't like the main character/protagonist/narrator. She's just not likeable. I know, main characters don't necessarily need to be likeable, but there's a difference between someone who is believably flawed and unreliable as a narrator and someone who is just plain boring in order to showcase someone far more interesting. I'm not joking when I say that the antagonist is fascinating, but there are quite a few things about this book I would change if I had my way. I'll do a full write up on it when I finish. If I finish. Yikes.

That's it for me today. What have you been knitting and reading lately? Let me know in comments and then head over to Ginny's to see what everyone else is up to!

Love,

Willow


*Author's Note: The Yarn Along button in this post is property of Ginny Sheller and is used with permission. All other images used in this post as well as text are (c)Whitney Miller and may be used only with my express permission. See my About Page for details.*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your lovely comments make my day!