Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Yarn Along - Wildflowers Cardigan, Week 3

Greetings! Obviously one of favorite things is reading, but I also quite love knitting. Ginny over at Small Things hosts a lovely little link-up so once you're done here go visit and see what everyone else is up to.


 


Gosh, I can't believe it's only been 3 weeks. It feels like so much longer. It feels as though this cardigan is all I do anymore. (It really isn't; I've been doing a ton of cleaning and organizing at home but I'm still trying to get as much knitting done as possible to keep up with our self-imposed deadlines.)


Our goal is to be completely finished with the back by next Thursday. My personal goal is to be done a bit sooner than that. I've started the armhole shaping and making sure to count my stitches and mark my rows off very carefully because this is one of the parts that I really don't want to screw up.


I finished The Kings of Clonmel on Monday night and it was so good. I quickly moved on to the next one, Halt's Peril and finished it on Tuesday afternoon and jumped right into The Emperor of Nihon-Ja. It's so good. I have a few criticisms of the writing at this point in the series but I'll save those for my more thorough review of the books.  I'm so deeply invested in this series that I'm just gonna power through and there are only 2 left after this one! 


I'm headed to exotic Salem, OR on Friday at dark o'clock in the morning and until Monday night and I'm really excited. I'm bringing my knitting and I can't decide if I'll bring the last two Ranger's Apprentice books or if I'll bring my Kindle instead... It's such a hard decision! I'll probably bring my Kindle, though. In any case, I'm ready for 4 days of rainy, cold weather and completely thrilled to see my northern relatives and wander around town enjoying the cherry blossoms. My parents are keeping an eye on Gatsby and my house so I don't have to worry about that, thank goodness.


If you want to know what else I've got on my needles, head on over to my Ravelry page for a look-see.

That's it for me today.  What have you been knitting and reading lately? Let me know in comments and then head over to Ginny's to see what everyone else is up to!

Love, 

Willow



*Author's Note: The Yarn Along button in this post is property of Ginny Sheller and is used with permission. All other images used in this post as well as text are (c)Whitney Miller and may be used only with my express permission. See my About Page for details.*


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your lovely comments make my day!